Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I miss my hugs...

This is a little card I made for a friend of mine who is going through some very serious health problems. I met her at my church and she is just the SWEETEST person ever! Even though we both live in a small town (where everyone knows everyone) we had never met before. Since my very first visit to our church, and every Sunday since, she makes a point to find me and give me a hug. Since her illness began, she hasn't been coming and hence this post's title - "I miss my hugs".


Soooooo, I decided to send her a hug in the mail, to brighten her day and to let her know I'm thinking of her. This is an Inky Antics stamp that I stamped onto some SU Very Vanilla CS and colored with my Lyras. I matted the image with a scrap piece of rust colored CS and used some SU Creamy Caramel that I cut and embossed with my Scalloped Nesties. I used my Martha Stewart border punch on a coordinating piece of patterned paper and another piece of SU Very Vanilla. I finished the card with two ribbons, a vanilla colored satin and a sheer. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. Have a GREAT Wednesday!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp-Inky Antics; Lyras; Nestabilities; Punch-Martha Stewart; Ribbon; CS-SU Very Vanilla & Creamy Caramel

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet. I know your friend will love it. Sorry to hear she is having health problems. Great job on coloring and the design of the card. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is the cutest card I have seen in awhile. I am sorry to hear about your friend.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!