Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mid week reminder....


Mornin' hens! Thought I'd give you all a "MID-WEEK" reminder for my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! Nothin' hard about this challenge, just use Kraft colored cardstock somewhere on your project and link it below on my TKT #52 post before Wednesday, Aug 3rd at 7:00pm EST. I'll pick my Top Krafty Chicks from all the entries and post the winners right here on my blog on Thursday mornin', Aug 4th. PLUS, the winners will also get the honor of having Clara The Krafty Chick sit on your blog sidebar. Who wouldn't LOVE to have Clara? Hmmmm? She's so STINKIN CUTE! Awwwwk!

Ok, so to get you hens motivated (since there's no way you are actually OUTSIDE in this heat!) I've put this little number together for you.
I stamped TV Peep, from Stamping Bella onto some of Bella's Bestest Paper and cut him out with my Exacto knife. I matted him with some SU Kraft CS that I embossed with my QuicKutz embossing folders, and then matted it again with some Prism Navy and then white. This DP is from an older October Afternoon collection called Campfire. I LOVE the fun happy colors in this collection, don't you? Ok, to finish off the card, I stitched around the edges, added a few red brads and tied this super cool striped grosgrain ribbon in a simple knot. Simple card but oh so cute!

This card is also my submission to this week's Catered Crop FTR #17 challenge. I SO wanted to make a cute alien card for this challenge but let's just say, time was NOT on my side. Hmmmmph! So here's the recipe for those of you who'd like to play along in the Catered Crop FTR #17 challenge.

* Colors – red, white, green; blue, gray, kraft <<< SEE, THERE'S EVEN KRAFT IN THE RECIPE - SO YOU CAN ENTER MY TKT #52 CHALLENGE WITH THE SAME CARD! WOO-HOO! (Make it a two-fer!!)
* Stamps and Stickers – strawberries, sentiment, aliens/monsters, scientists
* Patterns – circles, checked/gingham; scallops
* Color Mediums – markers (ProMarker, Copics, White Signo Pen)
* Embellishments – clear gloss, glitter, charms, brads, ribbon
* Tools – corner rounder punch, border punch, die cut shapes
* Techniques – faux stitching, doodling/drawing, make an easel card
* Theme – birthday, just hello/because

It's simple to play along, you only need to use ONE of the above ingredients. I've highlighted those ingredients I used in RED. Ok, now it's your turn! Come on and play along with the rest of the hens! We won't bite! (Chickens don't have teeth, ya know!) Tee-hee! Have a T-RIFIC Thursday! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Stamping Bella; CS - Bella's Bestest Paper, SU Kraft, Prism Blue, White; DP - October Afternoon Campfire; Copics; Ribbon - Taylored Expressions; Exacto Knife; Brads; Embossing Folder - QuicKutz

11 comments:

  1. great papers and colors...beautiful card

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh lalala!!! That is a VERY interesting card!!!! WOW! I LOVE how you put the ribbon and all these layers! Funny image! GREAT coloring!!!
    "outside in this heat"??? Are you kidding meeee????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute image and card. He just needs a remote and he would be all set.:) Love the papers and design of your card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. another fun and crafty card! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeps are so cute! Adorable card! We're a little cooler this week...80's during the day and 60's at night. But, we do wish we were in FL even if the temps are awful! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jeanie!
    I LOVE this! I always love your layouts - they are so amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken, this card ROCKS! LOVE the layout, papers, coloring, ribbon, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute, cute, cute and look at that awesome cutting for the paper piecing - you have very steady hands my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, I love the little guy.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!