Friday, February 15, 2013

The Wedding Invitation

Hi hens!  Sorry for being so quiet lately, but I've been so busy doing NOTHING!  LOL!  Honestly, it's hard getting back into the swing of things.  Hey, this lazy thing is something I think I could get used to.  {{{snort!}}}   Look out retirement, here I come!  Tee-hee!  (Seriously, I can't wait!) Ok-ok back to business...  I was going through some of the photos that I haven't edited yet and I had forgotten to show you hens the wedding invitations I made.  They were quite complex but I think they turned out gorgeous.  


I saved mine of course, so this is the one I used for the photos.  The wrap was done with my Silhouette Cameo.  The band is held shut with a tiny magnet under the tab.  Each invitation was personalized with the recipient's name on the medallion. As you open the four sides of the wrap, the card opens to the left to unveil a pocket containing the RSVP postcard.  Clever huh?  The invitation is printed on the right side which is actually attached to the wrap itself, to prevent the card from shifting inside.  Honestly, they were so pretty, and of course one of a kind!  Love that!

Supplies: Cardstock - SU Very Vanilla and Crumbcake, Silhouette Cameo, Nestabilities (oval and scalloped oval), circle punches

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, wow!! So intricate and I love the design.
    I've missed your inspiration and creativity! Hope you'll be back on a regular basis soon but in the meantime ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How many did you make? I could never ever have done that. Ok, so retirement is wonderful! Just did that last May. But don't think you will be lazy! We are so busy now we certainly would not have time to work! But I sometimes wonder if it is because we are slower now??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Jeanie..GORGEOUS!! You did such a beautiful job - they are just stunning. Lil' chick must've been so happy with them. I hope it was a relatively small wedding so you didn't have to do too many - they look pretty labor intensive! What a good mom you are! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they were gorgeous. I am glad I got to see one in person. They were definiely one of a kind and you did a fabulous job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are stunning invitations and so elegant! How many of these did you have to make? You must really love your daughter - lol! I hope any recipient that threw theirs away will be arrested! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING work!!! Do you mind giving detailed instructions on how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS and ONE OF A KIND LIKE YOU!!!♥♥♥
    This is for sure the most "oh lalala" beautiful invitation I've ever seen!!!! So so so precious!
    I missed you! OK, keep doing nothing but do not retire from your blog!!!!! Not yet *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh they are so beautiful.. and so pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonder to have these photo to revisit a very special day. Love the card you made with your Silhouette Cameo. I have one too, so I am going to looking for more ceative ides.
    P.S. What a pretty, pretty bride. The mother of the bride is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are the most BEAUTIFUL wedding invitations I have EVER seen! Lots of love and work involved and it shows. She is on lucky 'lil chick. :) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your invitations. My son is getting married in Aug. I was wondering how you did the pocket on the side of invitation. I am assuming it is for the RSVP.
    Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. Also what is the size of invitation?
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh my, i have missed lots of things, have been so busy at work :-(((
    These invitations are GORGEOUS Jeanie! I love them!!! You did a stunning job. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love our invites!!! They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering if you sell your patterns for the silhouette cameo. My sister-in-law would like to have something like your wrap about as part of her invitation. Unfortunately she neither has whole lot of time or extra cash to burn...but she has me with a silhouette for better or worse.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!