Monday, February 9, 2015

i {heart} u

Mornin' hens!  Here's a fun little card I made for Jaxon's Valentine's gift.  Super easy and funny too!  I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 3" x 6" and scored it at 3".  Then using my scalloped square Nestabilities, I ran only the 3 sides through my Big Shot, leaving the top edge hanging off the platform so it would remain uncut. 


 Using a 7/8" hole punch, I punched a hole at the top left corner for the EYE to peer through.  Then I punched a heart and die cut two letter "U's" from some DP.  I drew some doodle lines around the scallops and added a few eyelashes too.  For a little shimmer, I added some Wink of Stella in red along with some Glossy Accents to the heart.  


On the inside, I stamped this ADORABLE little monster and also stamped him onto the same DP as the letter "U".  After fussy cutting him out, I then paper pieced him to the inside of the card.  I added a little shading at his feet and pieced the sentiment together from two different stamp sets.  To finish, I sponged some distress ink around the edges and added my SUPER CUTE EYEBALL!! Hey, this gives a whole new meaning to my Valentine "EYE" candy!  {{snort!}}
Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a MONSTER Monday!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:




5 comments:

  1. Awhhh. This is so darn cute. love the little monster inside.

    I can see this being a useful idea for childrens cards, hope you don't mind if I case your idea ...sometime. Have saved your blog in my favourites, so will pop back and have another peep at your fab creations. Back in UK for a few weeks so will have to wait til I get crafting again!!

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Jaxson is going to be spoiled with all your wonderful cards. :)
    Have a great week, my friend.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - OMG - OMG !!!!! That has to be the MOST FUN Valentine EVER. :) Jaxson is going to get lots of fun cards for this Special Grandma. :) Lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd LOVE to get this one.... it's just SOOOoooo Cute!!! You have the BEST ideas Girl!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEK!!!! WOW This seriously rocks! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!