Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Easter!

Mornin' hens!  This little card was a happy accident.  I had originally thought I would cut an Easter egg using my Silhouette Cameo, attached the little bunny in the corner, lay the die cut word "Easter" across the egg and call it a day.  But then I realized the word die Easter cuts in two pieces!  Eeeeek!  So then I played with the egg shape in the Silhouette Studio software to cut only the egg top and egg bottom, leaving a lop-sided panel in the middle.  Then I laid the Easter word die on top and ran it through my Big Shot. I was so excited when it came out!  I didn't expect it to look this good.  Woo-hoo!  


Ok, so then I used an assortment of washi tape and laid it behind the die cut panel in the shape of the egg.  Doesn't it look cool?  OMG, I was so EXCITED!  I stamped the little bunny and colored her with my Copics and adhered her to the bottom.  Then I stamped the word "Happy" in the upper left corner for balance.  I'm giving this little cutie to Lil' Chick, Doug & Jaxon!  I know they'll love it.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a FABULOUS Friday and be sure to stop back by the coop tomorrow.  I have a fun craft surprise to show you!  Woo-hoo!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I love how this turned out, too. Can't wait to see what you have for tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever accident card. If I didn't read your post I would've thought it was made exactly like that. What a stunning result. And that little bunny is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!