Monday, April 27, 2015

I think you're SPECTACULAR!

Swoooooon!  Ain't it GRAND!  
OMG!  I can't get enough of this card.  I just keep smiling every time I look at it.


I know, I'm crazy, but what can I say!  I made this card for my ever so SPECTACULAR son in law Doug!  Because he is just that - SPECTACULAR!  And I thought it was high time I told him so too!  I've been wanting to make this card every since I saw Jennifer's post HERE but I never got around to it.  Finally, this past weekend, I did.  And I LOVEEEEE it!  I know he will too!  Hey, that's why we're cardmakers right?  To let people know we're thinking about them.  Man, I love this little hobby of mine!


Here's a close up of the glasses.  I die cut 6 pairs from black cardstock and one pair from black fun foam.  This created the height I needed for the googly eyes. I also adhered a piece of transparency between the first and second layers too!  I added the eyebrows and mouth just like Jennifer did and I think that little touch MAKES the card!  Oh, and I decided to add the little bow tie on the bottom since Doug wears a suit everyday to work.  Too cute, right?  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a GREAT day!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


3 comments:

  1. You are spectacular! I love this card. I am sure Doug will, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this on pinterest and love it! Are you part of the MFT Facebook group? We would love to see you share your MFT projects there!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/711641975618514/

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!